- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
In the first segment, J. D. Houston and Patricia Gras discuss the upcoming special legislative session called to redraw district boundaries with Ken Bentsen Jr., Chair of the Harris County Democratic Party, and Gayle West, Vice Chair of the Republican Party of Texas. Second segment focuses on panhandling in Houston. Houston and Gras interview Houston City Councilmember, Eleanor Tinsley, and Sally Shipman, Executive Director of the Coalition for the Homeless in Houston and Harris County. Third segment addresses nutrition needs for children of low-income families, and Kid Care, a nonprofit organization that delivers meals to preschool children. Gras interviews Carol Porter, founder of Kid Care, Dr. Steve Abrams, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Baylor College of Medicine, and Dr. Virginia A. Moyer, Director of General Pediatrics at LBJ Hospital. Fourth segment looks at Houston Community College's new Eastside Campus. Houston interviews Houston Community College (HCC) Chancellor, Dr. Charles Green, and Dr. Sylvia Ramos, President of HCC-Southeast. Episode includes commentary from Dr. Jeffrey R. Starke on whether or not we value children.
- Davis, Sue; Torres Burd, Patricia; Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Bentsen, Ken, Jr.; West, Gayle; Tinsley, Eleanor; Shipman, Sally; Porter, Carol; Abrams, Steve; Moyer, Virginia A.; Green, Charles; Ramos, Sylvia; Starke, Jeffrey R.; Begging; Houston Community College System; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11935; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm8259c7381; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do2218dg203