- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
Patricia Gras discusses opportunities for local Houston businesses in Hungary after the collapse of the Soviet Union with Bela Ugrin, an educational television producer, Peter Kurz, Financial Consultant for Hungary's State Privatization Agency, and William Cathriner, President of Continental Corporation. Includes report on Hungarian trade delegation hosted in Houston by the Greater Houston Partnership, and Houston companies doing business with Hungary. Second segment addresses the Harris County Attorney's Office's plans to convert an illegal dump into a proposed San Jacinto River Wetlands Park. Gras interviews Terry O'Rourke, Senior Assistant County Attorney. Includes report on Harris County Attorney's Office's plan to take an illegal dump site into eminent domain, and its use of county prisoners to clear the site. Includes a tribute by Sue Davis to John Davenport of Channel 8.
- Davis, Sue; Torres Burd, Patricia; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Urgin, Bela; Kurz, Peter; Cathriner, William; O'Rourke, Terry B.; Davenport, John; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11972; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm2491fj856; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do3276f268r