- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
The first segment is a discussion on the issues covered at the Economic Summit, with Dick Woodbury, Houston Bureau Chief for Time magazine, and Ginny Carroll, Houston Bureau Chief for Newsweek magazine. The second segment is a conversation about the WIC program and the shortage of federal money, with Ray Krzesniak, Chief of Staff Services for the Texas Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Program. The third segment covers the new Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) happy hour rules, with George Pickens, President of the MADD Gulf Area Chapter, Sgt. C. J. Mangano of the Houston Police Department's DWI Task Force, and Alex Bunin, Criminal Defence Lawyer and member of the ACLU In the fourth segment, Alvin Jackson talks sports. Sheila Jackson Lee provides commentary on the new city council committee on human relations.
- Ryan, Pat; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Woodbury, Dick; Carroll, Ginny; Krzesniak, Ray; Pickens, George; Mangano, C. J.; Bunin, Alex; Jackson, Alvin; Jackson Lee, Sheila; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11865; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm97612q904; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do7201bm887