- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
In the first segment, Sue Davis and Patricia Gras discuss the Gulf War one year on with Dr. Stephen Klineberg, sociology professor at Rice University, and Dr. Jean Luc Krawczyk, Professor of Middle Eastern History at the University of Houston. Second segment focuses on standardized testing in Texas, and the recent failure of 2/3 of Houston's students to pass at least one section of the test. Gras and Davis interview Laurence J. Payne, Executive Director of the Greater Houston Coalition for Educational Excellence. Third segment addresses an upcoming rally to unite Black communities around the issues they face in Houston. Davis interviews African American Unity Rally organizer, Rev. James Dixon, of Northwest Community Baptist Church. Fourth segment focuses on daycare for employees, and one company that recently started offering daycare benefits for its workers. Gras interviews Kathleen Rowland, Executive Director of Initiatives for Children, and John Scheaffer, Employee Assistant Manager for Brown and Root. Episode includes commentary about METRO's plans for the future from METRO Board member, Billy Burge.
- Davis, Sue; Hewey, Todd; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Klineberg, Stephen L.; Krawcyzk, Jean Luc; Payne, Laurence J.; Dixon, James; Rowland, Kathleen; Scheaffer, John; Burge, Billy; Persian Gulf War; Child care services; Houston Metropolitan Transit Authority; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/12026; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm0921gj16w; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do4334fp16m