- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
Garvin Berry provides commentary on the misuse of language by government officials to benefit themselves. First segment discusses Houston's school district budget and proposed property tax increase with H.I.S.D. school trustee for District 5, Don McAdams and H.I.S.D. school trustee for District 9, Rod Paige. Second segment discusses Iraq's invasion of Kuwait and how it affects oil and gasoline prices for the state of texas consumers with John Dosher, Senior Vice President of the Pace Consultants, Inc., Laura Brubaker Calkins with Houston Business Journal, and Glenn Nilsson, Executive Director of Lone Star Service Stations Assoc. Third segment discusses long term effects for children born addicted to drugs or alcohol with Dr. Marta Lifschitz, Director of Maternal Medications Clinic at Ben Taub Hospital and Dr. Geraldine WIlson, Associate Professor of Pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine. Fourth segment discusses the redevelopment of "Old Market Square" on Buffalo Bayou with Executive Director of Downtown Houston Association, Minnette Boesel, and Guy Hagstette of Team HOU Architects.
- Ryan, Pat; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Berry, Garvin; McAdams, Don; Paige, Rod; Dosher, John R.; Brubaker Calkins, Laurel; Nilsson, Glenn; Lifschitz, Marta; Wilson, Geraldine; Boesel, Minnette; Hagstette, Guy; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11870; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm66214p54b; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do0989r232c