- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with Houston Fire Chief, Robert Clayton, and Darrell Lister, professional beekeeper, about the arrival of Africanized "killer" bees in Texas. Second segment is interview with Laura Palmer, Chair of the Children at Risk Steering Committee, Rogene Calvert, member of the Child Abuse Prevention Network, and Bob Barker, Executive Director of the DePelchin Children's Center, about Houston's high infant mortality rates, lack of care for pregnant women, and other issues being addressed by Houston's Children at Risk Steering Committee. Third segment is interview with Kathy Mincberg, President of the Houston Board of Trustees, Melody Ellis, member of the Houston School Board, and Lieutenant Charles Brawner, of the Spring Branch Independent School District's Police Department about concerns regarding the safety of Houston's public schools. Fourth segment is interview with President of the AIDS Equity League, Gene Harrington, Professor of Law at Texas Southern University, about discrimination against people diagnosed with AIDS, and what they can do to protect themselves legally. Episode includes commentary from Harris County Sheriff Johnny Klevenhagen on overcrowding in state prisons.
- Ryan, Pat; Payne, Don; Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Clayton, Robert; Lister, Darrell; Palmer, Laura; Calvert, Rogene; Barker, Bob; Mincberg, Cathy; Ellis, Melody; Brawner, Charles; Harrington, Gene; Klevenhagen, Johnny; Africanized honeybee; AIDS (Disease); Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11880; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm3344pk84j; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do9146r144m