- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is discussion about the explosion of the Phillips petrochemical plant in Pasadena, with B. T. Walker, a former Phillips plant employee and Charles Roberts, member of the Oil, Chemical, and Atomic Workers International Union. The second segment is a conversation about domestic violence in Houston, with Rhonda Reed, an organizer of the Houston Area Formerly Battered Women's Coalition; Jeff Basen, a member of the PIVOT project which counsels abusive men; and Sgt. Jan Meanix-Garza of the Houston Police Department. In the third segment, Almanac interviews Manse R. Sharp, Jr. on his congressional campaign, with Prof. Richard W. Murray of the University of Houston's Political Science department, and Prof. Franklin Jones of the Political Science Department at Texas Southern University. Almanac also separately hosts an interview with Byron Joseph Johnson, another candidate in the District 18 congressional race. John Davenport provides commentary on Houston history and culture.
- Walko, Ann-Marie; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Walker, B. T.; Roberts, Charles; Reed, Rhonda; Basen, Jeff; Meanix-Garza, Jan; Sharp, Manse R., Jr.; Murray, Richard W.; Jones, Franklin; Johnson, Byron Joseph; Davenport, John; Phillips Petroleum Company; Oil, Chemical, and Atomic Workers International Union; Family violence; National Domestic Violence Awareness Month; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11831; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm7781jk24r; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do7337vp20p