- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
In the first segment, Pat Ryan interviews former Representative Frances "Sissy" Farenthold, Houston attorney, and former Representative Tom Bass, Professor of Political Science at University of St. Thomas, about their role in the "Dirty 30" push for ethical reform of the Texas House 20 years ago. Second segment is interview with Mayor Kathy Whitmire, and City Councilmember Jim Greenwood, about recent vote to create the City Planning and Zoning Commission, which has come up with a timeline for setting up a new zoning plan for Houston. Third segment is interview with Susan Hill, Director of Houston Proud's Neighborhood Program about the Houston Proud Neighborhood Program and its accomplishments. Fourth segment is interview with Dr. O. H. "Bud" Frazier, Director of the Cardiovascular Surgical Research Laboratory and Heart Transplant Service at the Texas Heart Institute, about the Texas Heart Institute's recent FDA approval regarding a new battery-powered heart pump called the left ventricular assist device. Segment includes report from the Texas Heart Institute on previous pump technology. Episode includes commentary from KSEV's Roger Gray about 72nd Texas legislature.
- Ryan, Pat; Booth, Ward; Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Farenthold, Sissy; Bass, Tom; Whitmire, Kathy; Greenwood, Jim; Hill, Susan; Frazier, O. H.; Gray, Roger; Zoning; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11892; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm2252j730d; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do924949687