- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
Patricia Gras discusses losing the War on Drugs and alternatives to punishing drug-users with Janet Juban, Regional Coordinator of Texans' War on Drugs, and Lisa Daumas, Director of Houston Crackdown. Includes report on the challenges of legalizing drugs. Second segment focuses on The Kinkaid School, which is using Buffalo Bayou as a classroom. Gras interviews Katherine Leathem, a biology teacher at The Kinkaid School, and students Fatimah Dawood, McCaleb Marshall, and Virginia Strickland. Includes report on students in a biology class at Kinkaid High School who spend an hour once a week on-site at Buffalo Bayou.
- Davis, Sue; Canter, Richard; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Juban, Janet; Daumas, Lisa; Leathem, Katherine; Dawood, Fatimah; Marshall, McCaleb; Strickland, Virginia; Drug control; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/12005; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm3651vf582; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do8088qd96h