- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
In the first segment, Pat Ryan and Patricia Gras discuss Houston METRO's plan to do away with monorail, and acquire more federal funding for the bus system with METRO Board Chairman Billy Burge. Second segment focuses on economic opportunities in the former Soviet Union for Houston's oil and gas businesses. Ryan interviews Gregory J. Vojack, Director for the Center for Eastern European Business Development at the University of Houston, and Ray Jones, a partner at Arthur Andersen and Director of its Oil and Gas Tax Practice. Third segments focuses on aging Baby Boomers as a new marketing target for businesses. Gras and Ryan interview Hugh Cohn, publisher of "The Best of Times," and Betsy Gelb, marketing expert from the University of Houston. Fourth segment addresses heart disease in American women. Gras interviews Dr. Anne Dougherty, a cardiologist at the University of Texas Medical School. Episode includes commentary by attorney Mark Kelly on public opinions about lawyers.
- Davis, Sue; Torres Burd, Patricia; Ryan, Pat; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Burge, Billy; Vojack, Gregory J.; Jones, Ray; Cohn, Hugh; Gelb, Betsy; Dougherty, Anne; Houston Metropolitan Transit Authority; Soviet Union; Baby boom generation; Heart diseases in women; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11939; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm24236169b; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do5255z733r