- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
Patricia Gras discusses allegations of corruption in Harris County's Family Court with Donna Ringoringo, hunger striker and protester, Marinelle Timmons, Executive Director of the Victim Assistant Center, John D. Montgomery, Judge of the 309th District Court, a Harris Co. Family Court, and Susan Allinger, a Family Law Attorney. Includes report on Donna Ringoringo, a court protester who chained herself to a pillar outside the Family Law Center and went on hunger strike, and Phrogge Simmons who took her place. Second segment addresses Houston's ranking as last nationwide in providing housing assistance for low-income families, and Mayor Bob Lanier's plans to remedy this. Gras interviews Margie Bingham, Director of Department of Housing and Community Development. Includes report on community resistance to Lanier's plan to convert apartment complexes into low-income housing.
- Davis, Sue; Torres Burd, Patricia; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Ringoringo, Donna; Timmons, Marinelle; Montgomery, John D.; Allinger, Susan; Simmons, Phrogge; Lanier, Bob; Bingham, Margie; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11973; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm2491fj86j; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do34472w095