- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with Dr. William Roberts, Deputy Manager of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in Houston, about controversies surrounding Houston's Housing and Urban Development office. Second segment is "Political Panel" with Tom Kennedy of the Houston Post, Richard W. Murray Professor of Political Science at the University of Houston, and Jim McConn, former Mayor of Houston. Third segment addresses news coming out of Child Protective Services (CPS) that reported cases of child abuse are on the rise in Houston. Bowser and Houston interview CPS attorney Connie Howell. Fourth segment is interview with Dr. Joan Raymond, Houston Independent School District (HISD) Superintendent, about the new HISD budget and the property tax increases that will pay for it. Fifth segment is interview with Andrew Dewey, educator and Vice President of the Houston Federation of Teachers, Michael Nelson, educator and member of the Houston Education Association, Ginia Wray Wright, a School Board Trustee about the lack of proposed pay raises for educators in the new budget. In the sixth segment Bowser and Houston interview Ron Fritsch, veteran of the Vietnam War, and Charles Pace, Chairman of the Vietnam Veterans Agent Orange Committee, about financial compensation for exposure to Agent Orange during the Vietnam War. Episode includes commentary from John Downey about talk radio.
- Walko, Ann-Marie; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Roberts, William; Kennedy, Tom; Murray, Richard W.; McConn, Jim; Howell, Connie; Raymond, Joan; Dewey, Andrew; Nelson, Michael; Wright, Ginia Wray; Fritsch, Ron; Pace, Charles; Downey, John; Child abuse; Vietnam War; Agent Orange; Radio talk shows; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11816; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm1262s4968; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do6518rd29w