- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
In the first segment, J. D. Houston and Patricia Gras discuss media responsibility as Houston local media faces criticism with John Davenport of KUHT-TV Channel 8, Tim Graham, Metro Editor of the Houston Post, James Campbell, reporter for the Houston Chronicle and Regional Director for the National Association of Black Journalists. Second segment looks at the return of tuberculosis in the U. S. Gras interviews Dr. Jeff Starke, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine. Third segment focuses on medical professionals from HCA Spring Branch who travel to Pakistan and offer medical assistance to refugees from Afghanistan. Gras and Houston interview Dr. Kermit Veggeberg, an Orthopaedic Surgeon and Chair of the Peshawar Program, Celeste Makley, a Registered Nurse, and Barbara Melnik, a Labor and Delivery Nurse. Fourth segment focuses on the local impact of the current recession. Houston interviews Nat Eisenberg, an economist and Publisher of the Main Street Economics Newsletter. Episode includes commentary by Joseph A. Olson on his proposal for rail in Houston.
- Davis, Sue; Hewey, Todd; Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Davenport, John; Graham, Tim; Campbell, James; Starke, Jeffrey R.; Veggeberg, Kermit; Makley, Celeste; Melnik, Barbara; Eisenberg, Nat; Olson, Joseph A.; Tuberculosis; Refugees; Street-railroads; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11933; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm5119f601r; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do9624jp56b