- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
Patricia Gras discusses the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)'s new voluntary guidelines on secondhand smoke with Eleanor Tinsley Houston City Councilmember, Darrin Straughan, Director of marketing for Kettle Restaurants and Sr. V. P. of the Houston Restaurant Association, and Wade Thomason, director of environmental health at the American Lung Association. Includes report on smoking restrictions already put in place by the city council in Houston. Second segment addresses lower contributions to United Way. Gras interviews Michael Bisesi, V. P. of United Way of the Texas Gulf Coast. Includes report by Sue Davis on the agencies hit hardest by United Way cuts.
- Davis, Sue; Knight, Rusty; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Straughan, Darrin; Thomason, Wade; Bisesi, Michael; U.S. Environmental Protection Agency; Passive smoking; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11989; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm9385nc01n; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do4334fp17z