- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with Stanley Adams, Jr., a candidate for governor, Richard W. Murray, Professor of Political Science at the University of Houston, and Lana Hughes, of KTRH Radio, about Adams' gubernatorial campaign. Second segment is interview with Rev. W. N. Otwell, a candidate for governor, Richard Murray, professor of Political Science at the University of Houston, and Lana Hughes, of KTRH Radio, about Otwell's religiously oriented gubernatorial campaign. Third segment is interview with City Councilmember, Larry McKaskle, and Houston District Fire Chief, Max McRae, a hazardous materials specialist, about the trains carrying toxic waste across Lake Houston, which makes up about 60% of the water supply of Houston and beyond, each day. Fourth segment is interview with Professor William Cunningham, Chairman of the Foreign Policy Institute at the University of St. Thomas, and and Professor Ewa M. Thompson, Chairwoman of the Department of German and Slavic Studies at Rice University, about revolution in Russia and the current political climate there, including the Communist Party's decision to give up legal right to be the only political party in the USSR. Fifth segment is interview with FotoFest Director and Co-Founder, Fred Baldwin, a photojournalist, and filmmaker/producer, Robert S. Cozens, of Channel 8, about the Houston FotoFest 1990. Episode includes commentary from Garvin Berry on politics and reporting.
- Ryan, Pat; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Adams, Stanley, Jr.; Murray, Richard W.; Hughes, Lana; Otwell, W. N.; McKaskle, Larry; McRae, Max; Cunningham, William; Thompson, Ewa Majewska; Baldwin, Frederick C.; Cozens, Robert S.; Hazardous wastes; National Organization for Women; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11846; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm9829b8045; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do1774qk16n