- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with Councilmember Ben Reyes, Jane Ely of the Houston Chronicle, Bruce Oppenheimer, Professor of Political Science at the University of Houston, and former Houston Mayor, Jim McConn, about controversy surrounding Councilmember Ben Reyes' voting record and potential conflicts of interest. Second segment is interview with mayoral candidate, Rosie Walker. Third segment looks at immigration, and the Federation for American Immigration Reform poll results in Texas. Bowser and Houston interview Professor Richard Ryan, of Terrance Associates, and Ron Parra of the INS. Fourth segment is interview with City Councilmember Jim Greenwood, and Mark Clark, President of the Houston Police Officers Association about plan to use part-time volunteers to patrol Houston. Fifth segment is two separate interviews with Metro Chairman Bob Lanier and former Metro Chief Howard Horne about Houston rail. Sixth segment is interview with John Hildredth, Director of the Consumer's Union, and Southwestern Bell spokesperson, David Lopez, about Southwestern Bell's "Texas First" plan. Episode includes commentary from former Governor Mark White on drug-related crime.
- Walko, Ann-Marie; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Reyes, Ben; Ely, Jane; Oppenheimer, Bruce; McConn, Jim; Walker, Rosie; Ryan, Richard; Parra, Ron; Greenwood, Jim; Clark, Mark; Lanier, Bob; Horne, Howard; Hildredth, John; Lopez, David; White, Mark; Emigration and immigration; Crime; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11813; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm77139208w; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do4368kf24m