- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with Mark White and members of Almanac's "Political Panel," Tom Kennedy, columnist for the Houston Post, and Garvin Berry, of KTRH Radio, about White's campaign for governor. Second segment is interview with Barbara Broussard, runoff candidate for Houston Independent School District (HISD) School Board. Third segment is interview with Raymond L. Britton, an arbitrator as well as Professor of Law at the University of Houston, Dr. Jack Seitzinger, Director of the Houston Police Department (HPD)'s Career Development Bureau, about HPD's arbitration system. Fourth segment focuses on the Ida Lee Delaney shooting, and the wrongful death suit recently filed by the Delaney family. Bowser interviews the Delaney's attorney Scott Sanes, of Hardy, Milutin and Johns. Fifth segment is interview with Scott Johnson, of the Baytown Parks Department, and Bob Flagg, host of KPRC's Weekend Garden Show, about the herbicidal poisoning of Houston's 300 year-old oak tree, a city landmark. Episode includes commentary from Pat Ryan, Producer of Almanac, on goals for Almanac's programming.
- Ryan, Pat; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- White, Mark; Kennedy, Tom; Berry, Garvin; Broussard, Barbara; Britton, Raymond L.; Seitzinger, Jack; Delaney, Ida Lee; Sanes, Scott; Johnson, Scott; Ryan, Pat; Flagg, Bob; School elections; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11837; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm92494968r; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do054625288