- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
The first segment is a discussion on the new Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety standards, with William White, Acting Houston Area Director of the OSHA. The second segment is a discussion on what was accomplished at the Economic Summit, with Prof. William Cunningham of the University of St. Thomas, and Dr. James Smith, Director of the University of Houston Center for Public Policy. This segment includes clips from foreign news stations, to give an idea of how the world covered Houston during the Summit. The third segment is an interview with Rice student journalists who recruited foreign journalists during the Summit, Michael Raphael, News Editor of The Rice Thresher, and Kurt Moeller, Editor-in-Chief of The Rice Thresher. The fourth segment covers the new plans for taxing downtown, with Bob Eury, President of Central Houston, Inc., and Bill Schadewald, Editor of the Houston Business Journal. John Davenport provides commentary on the media response to the Economic Summit.
- Ryan, Pat; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- White, William; Cunningham, William; Smith, James; Raphael, Michael; Moeller, Kurt; Eury, Robert; Schadewald, Bill; Davenport, John; G7 Summit; Journalism; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11866; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm23892860b; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do112683647