- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
Commentary by Executive Director of Programming, Jeff Clarke, on the new TV season and local programs on Channel 8. First segment discusses the potential effects a free trade agreement with Mexico could have on Texas, with Mexican Consul General, Ricardo Ampudia and Edward Monto, President of the Greater Houston Partnership World Trade Division. Second segment is a discussion with candidate for U. S. Senate, Hugh Parmer, Michael Cinelli of the Houston Post, and Lana Hughes of KTRH Radio. Topics touched on are education, abortion, and the crisis in the Middle East. Third segment is a discussion with the Libertarian Candidate for Lieutenant Governor, Tom Owens. Education, prison overcrowding, and the legalization of drugs are discussed as part of Owens' platform.
- Ryan, Pat; Payne, Don; Houston, J. D.
- television programs
- Clarke, Jeff; Ampudia, Ricardo; Monto, Edward; Parmer, Hugh; Cinelli, Michael A.; Hughes, Lana; Owens, Tom; Abortion; Drug control; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11876; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm5494vj90m; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do13311p12d