- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
The first segment, entitled "News Notes," is a review of news for the week with J. D. Houston and Betty Ann Bowser. Second segment is interview with Mayor Kathy Whitmire. Third segment is Almanac's "Political Panel." Houston and Bowser interview Tom Kennedy of the Houston Post, Professor Richard W. Murray of the University of Houston, and former Houston Mayor, Jim McConn. Fourth segment discusses potential tax increases to help finance the local War on Drugs; guests are City Councilmember Ben Reyes, who is proposing the increase, and Councilmembers Vince Ryan and Rodney Ellis, who are on the opposing side. Fifth segment is "Almanac Essay" with David Hinkle, Associate Producer of Almanac, discussing the show itself. Sixth segment addresses OPEC meeting and which aspects discussed will impact Houston; guests are Laurel Brubaker Calkins, of the Houston Business Council, and Dale Steffes, founder of Planning and Forecasting Consultancy. Seventh segment is interview with local residents Jane Farley and Mary Jean Milford who were visiting Beijing during protests in Tiananmen Square. Eighth segment focuses on the Astros with sports commentator Alvin "Boom Boom" Jackson. Episode opens with commentary from Marvin Zindler about Houston public housing.
- Walko, Ann-Marie; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Whitmire, Kathy; Kennedy, Tom; Murray, Richard W.; McConn, Jim; Reyes, Ben; Ryan, Vince; Ellis, Rodney; Hinkle, David; Brubaker Calkins, Laurel; Steffes, Dale W.; Farley, Jane; Milford, Mary Jean; Jackson, Alvin; Zindler, Marvin; Drug control; Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11811; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm2866vx736; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do6689d6688