- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with Sherry Johnson, newly re-elected Chair of the Republican Party of Harris Co., and Jack Carter, outgoing Chair of Harris Co. Democratic Party, about the recent Harris County primary election. Second segment is interview with Harris Co. Judge, Jon Lindsay, and Bob MacLennan, General Manager of the MTA, about President Bush's new proposal that state and local governments contribute more funding to transportation. Third segment is interview with members of the Complete Count Committee, City Councilmember Ernest McGowen, former City Controller, Leonel Castillo, and Bill Chang, about Houston's city-wide efforts to get more complete census counts within minority communities. In the fourth segment, J. D. Houston talks Houston sports with sports analyst, Alvin "Boom Boom" Jackson. Episode includes commentary from Kevin Dorsey.
- Ryan, Pat; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Johnson, Sherry; Carter, Jack; Lindsay, Jon; MacLennan, Bob; McGowen, Ernest; Castillo, Leonel; Chang, Bill; Jackson, Alvin; Dorsey, Kevin; Local transit; Census; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11851; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm90107015r; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do63827b96j