- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
Part II of "Surviving Adolescence: It's Tough to Grow Up" series. The first segment is a discussion on illiteracy in children and adolescents, and the educational system, with M. H. Teague of the North Forest School District, Sofia Petrou of the Spring Branch School District, and Cheryl Shannon of the Parents Eye Patrol at Madison High. The second segment is a discussion about the troubles children face at home, with Jim Mickleson of Children at Risk, Ann Hilbig of the Texas Covenant House, and Office Michael Santos of the Harris County Deputy Constable's Office. The third segment discusses Arthur Ashe's AIDS diagnosis with Dr. Chris Leveque of the Baylor College of Medicine. The fourth segment is a discussion about organ donation with Dr. Edward K. Massin of the Texas Heart Institute, Bill Brantley of the Donor Alliance, and Alejandro Vasquez of Teens for Transplants.
- Davis, Sue; Hewey, Todd; Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Teague, M. H.; Petrou, Sofia; Shannon, Cheryl; Mickleson, Jim; Hilbig, Ann; Santos, Michael; Ashe, Arthur; Leveque, Chris; Massin, Edward K.; Brantley, Bill; Vasquez, Alejandro; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11942; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm5119f6023; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do2047rn80s