- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with Jim Green, Director of the Harris County Flood Control Department, Al Rose, Assistant Director for Public Works, and Paul Wilson, of the Army Corps of Engineers about the week's flooding in Houston. Second segment addresses the Supreme Court's ruling in Penry v. Lynaugh; Alex Bunin of the ACLU and David Dow of the University of Houston's Law School are interviewed. Third segment is interview with Jane Ely of the Houston Chronicle, and Harris County Sheriff, Johnny Klevenhagen about a victim's right to privacy vs. public's right to know. Fourth segment is interview with Terri Daggett, from "Houston Proud," and Lola Shields, a teacher at Horn Elementary School about Houston history and "Houston Proud." Fifth segment is interview with Kevin Dorsey, Sports Director for 101 KLOL about Houston sports. Sixth segment is interview with State Senators J. E. Brown and Craig Washington about flag burning and the Supreme Court's recent ruling. Episode includes commentary from Kevin Dorsey.
- Walko, Ann-Marie; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Green, Jim; Rose, Al; Wilson, Paul; Bunin, Alex; Dow, David; Ely, Jane; Klevenhagen, Johnny; Daggett, Terri; Shields, Lola; Dorsey, Kevin; Brown, J. E.; Washington, Craig Anthony; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11814; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm7098zb65z; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do48128b29x