- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with John Privett, Director of the Tax Research Association, about the Tax Research Association's opinions about Houston Metro Rail proposals. Second segment is interview with Eileen Crowley, President of the Greater Houston Partnership's Chamber of Commerce Division, and two members of the Chamber's Education Steering Committee, Gordon Bonfield, Sr. V. P. of Tenneco, Inc., and Rev. Kirbyjon Caldwell, Pastor of the Windsor Village United Methodist Church, about public school restructuring and the Houston Independent School District (HISD). Third segment is interview with Cliff Gann, Senior Property Manager for Gerald D. Hines' Interests, about fire safety ordinances and a 90 day extension granted for large commercial buildings to install sprinklers. Fourth segment is discussion with Almanac's "Political Panel," Robert Stein, Professor of Political Science at Rice University, Mike Cinelli, Political Reporter for the Houston Post, and Tim Fleck, Senior Editor of the Houston Press. Episode includes commentary from John Davenport.
- Ryan, Pat; Booth, Ward; Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Privett, John; Crowley, Eileen; Bonfield, Gordon; Caldwell, Kirbyjon; Gann, Cliff; Stein, Robert; Cinelli, Michael A.; Fleck, Tim; Davenport, John; Fires and fire prevention; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11891; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm2081wd903; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do7337vp22c