- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
The first segment is a discussion about the response to the Mega Borg oil spill with Barbara Crews, the mayor of Galveston, Randy Williams of the oil and firefighting firm Williams Boots and Coots, and Blanton Moore of the Texas General Land Office. The second segment covers the effects of the Mega Borg oil spill, with Jim Blackburn of the Galveston Bay Foundation, Armin Cantini, chairman of the Galveston Chamber of Commerce, and Russell Wright, editor of World Oil Magazine. The third segment is a discussion on Juneteenth in Texas with Rev. C. Anderson Davis, Executive Director of the National Emancipation Association. The fourth segment is a discussion of flag burning, with Representative Tom DeLay, and Helen Gros of the Greater Houston Chapter of the ACLU. Garvin Berry provides commentary on the response to oil spills.
- Ryan, Pat; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Tinsley, Eleanor; Stein, Robert; Bass, Tom; Eversole, Jerry; DeLay, Tom D.; Brubaker Calkins, Laurel; Kennedy, Tom; Davenport, John; Richards, Ann; Williams, Clayton; Community policing; Cantini, Armin; Crews, Barbara; Davis, C. Anderson; Juneteenth; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11862; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm3412z401k; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do2798md562