- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with members of the Houston Independent School District (HISD) School Board Ron Franklin, Felix Fraga, and Rod Paige, about protests against racism and other issues in HISD schools around the city. Second segment is interview with City Councilmember Ben Reyes, Chairman of the Complete Count Committee, Noe Balli, Assistant Regional Director of the U. S. Census Bureau, and Donald Huddle, Professor of Economics at Rice University, over concerns about under-counting the homeless, immigrants, and minorities in the upcoming census, and what that means financially for the city and the state. Third segment is interview with Capt. Edward Roe, of the U. S. Coast Guard, John Grimes, Mayor of Morgan's Point and Chairman of the Galveston Bay Oil Spill Committee, and Randy Anzalone, of the Riedel-Peterson Environmental Services' Houston office, about the pending anniversary of the Exxon Valdez Oil Spill, and whether Houston would be prepared if a similar spill happened in or around Galveston Bay. Fourth segment is interview with a Montgomery County Justice of the Peace, Edie Connelly, who presides over Teen Court, and Charles Swain, teenage attorney for the Teen Court, about a Woodlands court's experiment whereby teenagers are tried by other teens for minor crimes. Episode includes commentary from Former Governor John B. Connally.
- Ryan, Pat; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Franklin, Ron; Fraga, Felix; Paige, Rod; Reyes, Ben; Balli, Noe; Huddle, Donald L.; Roe, Edward; Grimes, John; Anzalone, Randy; Connelly, Edie; Swain, Charles; Connally, John B.; Racism; Sexism; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11852; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm95569540f; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do3037hr12c