- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
The first segment is a discussion about peace in the Middle East with Dr. Jean Luc Krawczyk, Professor of Middle East History at the University of Houston, Mordekhai Artzieli, Consul General of Israel, and Ahmed Gomaa, Consul General of the Arab Republic of Egypt. The second segment is a discussion about increasing crime in and around schools, with Paula Arnold, President of the Board of Trustees for Houston Independent School District (HISD). The third segment is a political panel discussion about the mayoral race, with Dr. Franklin Jones of the Political Science department at Texas Southern University, Dr. Stephen Klineberg, a sociologist at Rice University, and Dr. Richard W. Murray of the Political Science department at the University of Houston. The fourth segment is an interview with Dr. Paul Pepe, Director of Houston Emergency Medical Services, about CPR education in Houston. Houston Community Newspapers columnist, Garvin Berry, provides commentary on the upcoming election.
- Davis, Sue; Hewey, Todd; Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Krawcyzk, Jean Luc; Artzieli, Mordekhai; Gomaa, Ahmed; Arnold, Paula; Jones, Franklin; Klineberg, Stephen L.; Murray, Richard W.; Pepe, Paul; Berry, Garvin; School violence; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11926; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm90107017f; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do8873px80x