- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
In the first segment, Almanac begins a review of candidates aiming to replace Mickey Leland in congress. State Senator Craig Washington joins a discussion with J. D. Houston, Betty Ann Bowser, Jane Ely of the Houston Chronicle, and former Houston Mayor, Jim McConn. Bill Delmore, an Assistant District Attorney with Harris County and Brian Wice, a defense lawyer, join the show in the second segment to discuss Houston's new drunk driving law which bars a suspect from seeking counsel before taking a breathalyzer test. The third segment features Dale Steffes, Almanac's oil analyst, and Laurel Brubaker Calkins of the Houston Business Journal talking about whether Houston's economy and relationship to foreign oil. The fourth segment interviews Brian and Travis Wilkinson, Spring Branch teenagers, whose father is suing the school district over his sons' long hair. Dub Wilkinson, the students' father, and his attorney, Darrell K. McAlexander advocate for doing away with male student hair length regulations. Kevin Dorsey provides commentary on mandatory drug testing.
- Walko, Ann-Marie; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Leland, Mickey; Washington, Craig Anthony; Ely, Jane; McConn, Jim; Delmore, Bill; Wice, Brian; Steffes, Dale W.; Brubaker Calkins, Laurel; Wilkinson, Brian; Wilkinson, Travis; Wilkinson, Dub; McAlexander, Darrell K.; Dorsey, Kevin; Drunk driving; Dress codes; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11825; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm8907tp89b; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do1808vb242