- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with Ruth Sorelle, Houston Chronicle Medical Reporter, Joe Rubio, Director of Community Services for March of Dimes, about the high infant mortality rates in Houston. Second segment is interview with Heather Gibbons, who is a mother, Steve Sauvageau, from the Houston Family Service Center, and Carlos Ortega, from Charter Hospital, about drug and alcohol abuse among Houston teens. Third segment is interview with Laurel Brubaker Calkins, from the Houston Business Journal, and John Brock, President of the Houston Economic Development Council, about Japanese investment in Houston. Fourth segment focuses on the new Theater District, and the state of the performing arts in Houston. Bowser and Houston interview Gregory Boyd, Artistic Director of the Alley Theatre, Dolores Johnson, Managing Director of the Houston Grand Opera, and David Wax, Executive Director of the Houston Symphony. Fifth segment is commentary on Thanksgiving by Pastor Ralph West, from Brookhollow Baptist Church Episode includes commentary from Houston Post columnist, Robert Newbury, about pro-choice and pro-life controversies.
- Walko, Ann-Marie; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- SoRelle, Ruth; Rubio, Joe; Gibbons, Heather; Sauvageau, Steve; Ortega, Carlos; Brubaker Calkins, Laurel; Brock, John; Boyd, Gregory; Johnson, Dolores; Wax, David; West, Ralph Douglas; Newberry, Robert C.; Drug abuse; Abortion; Thanksgiving Day; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11835; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm610968335; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do4470zq484