- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with David Dow, Professor in the University of Houston's Law School, Peter Durkin, Executive Director of Houston's Planned Parenthood, and Ben Broocks, of Houston's LifeHouse, about Webster v. Reproductive Health Services and how it will impact abortion in Texas. Second segment focuses on racism in Houston; guests are Robert Mosbacher, Chairman of the Welfare Reform Task Force, Pastor William Lawson, of Wheeler Avenue Baptist Church, and Eugene Mendoza, Project Director for Association for the Advancement of Mexican Americans. Segment includes report on Do the Right Thing, and local responses to the film. Third segment is interview with City Councilmember Ben Reyes, City Controller George Greanias, and Houston Fire Chief Robert Clayton about the cost of increasing the police force in Houston. Fourth segment is interview with Bill Colbert, from the Texas Water Commission, and Don Hammer, from the Texas Clean Water Action Group about toxins in the Houston Ship Channel. Fifth segment is interview with Jim Larrabee, Executive Director of the Armand Bayou Nature Center about how to drain storm water into Armand Bayou. Episode includes commentary from Margaret Ford about poverty in Texas.
- Walko, Ann-Marie; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Curry, Athalea; Greanias, George C.; Umland, Carl; Clemons, Harvey; McVey, Michele; Cunningham, William; Mosbacher, Robert, Jr.; Former Yugoslav republics; Homelessness; Broocks, Ben; Durkin, Peter; Hammer, Don; Larrabee, Jim; Water pollution; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11815; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm2730bw41s; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do5153jz08w