- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
In the first segment, J. D. Houston and Pat Ryan discuss Houston's high murder rates for the month of January with Dr. Bob Kendrick, Executive Director of the Division of Continuing Education at the University of Houston-Downtown, and former Director of Criminal Justice Center at the University of Houston Downtown. Second segment addresses an increase in the purchase of firearms among women in Houston. Ryan and Houston interview Janette Weatherford, instructor at the Texas Small Arms Academy, and Rosemary Powley, a new handgun owner. Third segment focuses on alternative fuels. Ryan interviews Barry Goodman, President of the Goodman Corporation, and Russ Pence, METRO Assistant General Manager for Maintenance. Fourth segment looks at youth astronaut programs at The Challenger Center, includes report from Sue Davis on-site at The Challenger Center. Houston interviews Dr. Carolyn Sumners, Director of The Challenger Center. Episode includes commentary from John Davenport on media treatment of politician's personal lives.
- Davis, Sue; Hewey, Todd; Houston, J. D.; Ryan, Pat
- television programs
- Kendrick, Robert E.; Weatherford, Janette; Powley, Rosemary; Goodman, Barry; Pence, Russ; Sumners, Carolyn; Davenport, John; Firearms ownership; Fuel switching; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11938; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm94881n24x; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do43009x08m