- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with Anthony Hall, Chairman of the Metro Board of Directors, and State Senator Don Henderson, about Metro Rail proposals and the ongoing debate about whether or not to hold elections on the rail plan. Second segment is interview with Captain Bill Edison, of the Houston Police Department's Homicide Division, and Dr. Kevin Roberts, Associate Professor of Psychology at the University of Houston, about Houston's high murder rate. Third segment is interview with Dr. Peter Mansell, National President of the Physician's Association for AIDS Care, R. N. Kathy Lamb, Infection Control Nurse at Spring Branch Medical Center, and Evelyn Cox, Executive Director of the AIDS Foundation Houston, about proposals regarding AIDS and health care workers. Fourth segment is interview with Jack Coe, Public Affairs Manager for Rohm and Haas Texas, and Chuck Wolf, News Director at KIKK Radio and Chairman of the Media Information Project, about improving emergency communications during a disaster. Episode includes commentary from Rev. Bill Lawson about discrimination against the poor.
- Ryan, Pat; Payne, Don; Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Hall, Anthony, Jr.; Henderson, Don; Edison, Bill; Roberts, Kevin; Mansell, Peter W. A.; Lamb, Kathy; Cox, Evelyn; Coe, Jack; Wolf, Chuck; Lawson, William; Crime; Emergency communication systems; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11881; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm82257g29p; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do1501pg52b