- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment focuses on shootings by the Houston Police Department in light of another recent shooting during a routine traffic stop, and the FBI investigation into the Ida Lee Delaney shooting. Bowser interviews Councilmember Anthony Hall, Officer Doug Elder, Vice President of the Houston Police Officer's Association, and Alex Bunin, a criminal defense attorney. Second segment is interview with Leonel Castillo and Sheila Jackson Lee, two runoff candidates for the city council seat left vacant by Anthony Hall, along with members of Almanac's "Political Panel," Jane Ely of the Houston Chronicle, and Tom Kennedy from the Houston Post. In the third segment, J. D. Houston discusses what's going on in Houston sports with Alvin "Boom Boom" Jackson. Fourth segment is interview with Guadalupe Luna, from MALDEF, Ron Parra, Director of the INS in Houston, and Eugene Mendoza, of the Hispanic Contractors Association about the Immigration Reform and Control Act which the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF) says is contributing to discriminatory hiring practices. Episode includes commentary from John Davenport on justice, the police, and Houston.
- Walko, Ann-Marie; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Delaney, Ida Lee; Hall, Anthony, Jr.; Elder, Doug; Bunin, Alex; Castillo, Leonel; Jackson Lee, Sheila; Ely, Jane; Kennedy, Tom; Jackson, Alvin; Luna, Guadalupe; Parra, Ron; Mendoza, Eugene; Davenport, John; Emigration and immigration; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11834; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm5938jf94g; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do5358bh561