- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
The first segment is a discussion about cameras and television in the courtroom, with Judge George H. Godwin and Karen LaFleur, News Operations Manager at KHOU-TV. The second segment is a discussion about sexual harassment in the workplace, with Attorney Margie Harris, who practices employment law, and Dr. Jay Tombaugh, Organizational Psychologist at the University of Houston-Clear Lake. The third segment is a discussion about Magic Johnson's HIV diagnosis, and AIDS in general, with Dr. Joseph C. Gathe, Jr., an infectious disease specialist, and Mike Mizwa, Education Director at the AIDS Foundation. The fourth segment is a discussion about homelessness in Houston with Patrice Davis, Director of Research for the Coalition for the Homeless, and Sheila Simmons, Program Coordinator for the Star of Hope shelter. John Davenport provides commentary on David Duke of the KKK, who is running for governor in Louisiana.
- Davis, Sue; Hewey, Todd; Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Godwin, George H.; LaFleur, Karen; Harris, Margie; Tombaugh, Jay; Johnson, Earvin; Gathe, Joseph C., Jr.; Mizwa, Mike; Davis, Patrice; Simmons, Sheila; Davenport, John; Duke, David Ernest; AIDS (Disease); Sexual harassment; Public television
- Middle East
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11927; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm3378tb93w; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do9897ks20h