- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
The first segment is a discussion of the new city budget with City Controller George Greanias, and City Councilmember Jim Greenwood. The second segment is a discussion on redistricting in Texas, with State Rep. Roman Martinez. The third segment discusses the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 with Maria Jimenez of the American Friends Service Committee, Tom Goldsbury of CARECEN, the Central American Refugee Center, Juan Antonio Flores of Houston's Fair Employment Project, and Lisa Jacobs of the INS. The fourth segment is a look at The Kremlin and changes taking place in the Soviet Union, with Prof. Richard Thorpe of the University of Houston, and Prof. Jean Luc Krawcyzk of the University of Houston. Pat Ryan provides commentary on why watching Almanac can be considered a political act.
- Ryan, Pat; Booth, Ward; Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Greanias, George C.; Greenwood, Jim; Martinez, Roman; Jimenez, Maria; Goldsbury, Tom; Flores, Juan Antonio; Jacobs, Lisa; Thorpe, Richard; Krawcyzk, Jean Luc; Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11919; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm1569z0680; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do6040xr16p