- Main contributor
- Schwartz, Jon
Loraine Hunsaker shares memories of Southland Elementary School in the 1950s. She discusses how the school was a reflection of the Riverside community, and the values that were instilled in the students. She recalls leaving Southland when the school began integrating, due to having no experience with Black children.
- Hunsaker, Loraine D.
- Urbanization; Southland Elementary School
- Riverside, Houston; Houston, Texas
- This Is Our Home It Is Not For Sale
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2018).
This interview was used in the creation of Jon Schwartz’s documentary film “This Is Our Home, It Is Not For Sale.”
University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
Houston History Archives
This Is Our Home, It Is Not For Sale Film Collection
- Other Identifiers
- Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do63827b99k; Other: ID 2010-020, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/35222; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm6723hz809