- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
Patricia Gras discusses local initiatives to bring Houston's Black and Asian communities together, especially in light of the shooting in Fort Bend County, with Glenda Joe, co-founder of Peace in the City, President of Great Wall Enterprises, and Founder of the Council of Asian American Organisations. Second segment focuses on organ transplants and donations. Gras interviews Kim Davis, Regional Director of Life Gift Organ Donation Center, Vicki Butler, a heart transplant recipient, Ruth Bell, whose daughter donated her liver and kidneys, and Ron Banks, who is waiting for a kidney transplant. Includes report on organ transplants in Houston.
- Davis, Sue; Canter, Richard; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Joe, Glenda; Davis, Kim; Butler, Vicki; Bell, Ruth; Banks, Ron; Transplantation of organs, tissues, etc; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/12002; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm686021086; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do2866vx741