- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
Part IV of "Surviving Adolescence: It's Tough to Grow Up" series. In this episode, the focus is on interviewing teens.The first segment focuses on the educational system. J. D. Houston and Patricia Gras interview Kalief Muhammed, a teenager who contemplated dropping out of high school, and teenagers Alma Robles and Melinda Rodriguez. The second segment is a discussion on teen gang membership, with Francisco "Kiko" Solis, a former gang member, Michelle Trevino who works with Teen Court, and Rufus, a current gang member. The third segment is a discussion on teen sexuality and health, with Maria Lopez, who works with the Teen Talk program, and Antonio Melgoza who participates in Project Alpha, and Rick Saldivar, a member of the Teen Court. The fourth segment discusses self esteem with Douglas Johnson, an honors student at Smiley High School, Octavious Chacon, a member of the Teen Club, and Michelle Cooper, a counselor on the Crisis Intervention Teen Line. Tony Dreannan, a junior at Lamar High School, provides commentary on teens "in an age of survival."
- Davis, Sue; Torres Burd, Patricia; Gras, Patricia; Houston, J. D.
- television programs
- Muhammed, Kalief; Robles, Alma; Rodriguez, Melinda; Solis, Francisco; Trevino, Michelle; Lopez, Maria; Melgoza, Antonio; Saldivar, Rick; Johnson, Douglas; Chacon, Octavious; Cooper, Michelle; Dreannan, Tony; Gangs; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11944; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm6518rd282; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do1194hm803