- Main contributor
- Schwartz, Jon
J. C. Nickens discusses why he chose to buy a home in Riverside and what the real estate market was like in Houston in the late 1970s. He discusses the decisions to place the Harris County Psychiatric Center in Riverside. He talks about the reactions his friends have had to his decision to live in Riverside.
- Nickens, J. C.
- Urbanization; Harris County Psychiatric Center
- Riverside, Houston; Houston, Texas
- This Is Our Home It Is Not For Sale
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2018).
This interview was used in the creation of Jon Schwartz’s documentary film “This Is Our Home, It Is Not For Sale.”
University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
Houston History Archives
This Is Our Home, It Is Not For Sale Film Collection
- Other Identifiers
- Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do0784zg842; Other: ID 2010-020, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/35169; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm16042r80q