- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview about with Mayor Kathy Whitmire, and members of Almanac's "Political Panel," Tom Kennedy, of the Houston Post, and Jane Ely, of the Houston Chronicle, about the resignation of Metro Chairman, Bob Lanier, and the future of Houston rail. Second segment is interview with new City Council Member, Sheila Jackson Lee, about her win in the recent runoff election against Leonel Castillo. Third segment is interview with Harris County Legislative Delegation members, Representative Dalton Smith, and State Senator Chet Brooks about new Worker's Compensation Reform Bill. Fourth segment is interview with Bob Digneo of Southwestern Bell, and Graham Painter of Houston Lighting and Power, and Tim Fleck from the Houston Press, about rate hikes for Houston Lighting and Power, and rate freezes for Southwestern Bell. In the fifth segment, Houston talks sports with Alvin "Boom Boom" Jackson. Episode includes commentary from former Police Chief, Harry Caldwell, about the Houston Police Department (HPD) and civilian review boards.
- Ryan, Pat; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Whitmire, Kathy; Kennedy, Tom; Ely, Jane; Lanier, Bob; Jackson Lee, Sheila; Castillo, Leonel; Smith, Dalton; Brooks, Chet; Digneo, Bob; Painter, Graham; Fleck, Tim; Jackson, Alvin; Caldwell, Harry; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11838; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm58708x76c; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do2593tv08x