- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with Charles Miller, Chairman of the Governor's Task Force on Public Education, about new funding proposals for public schools in Texas. Second segment is interview with Evelyn Merz, of the Houston Sierra Club, Bill Colbert, from Texas Water Commission, and City Councilmember, Dale Gorczynski, about where proposal for the Wallisville Reservoir currently stands. Third segment is interview with State Senator Hugh Parmer, Robert C. Newberry, of the Houston Post, and George Scott, Public Policy Research with the Tax Research Association, about Parmer's candidacy for U.S. Senate. In the fourth segment, J. D. Houston talks sports and the baseball lockout with sports analyst, Alvin "Boom Boom" Jackson. Episode includes commentary from Houston Defender's Publisher, Sonny Messiah, on the role of a black press in our times.
- Ryan, Pat; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Miller, Charles; Merz, Evelyn; Colbert, Bill; Gorczynski, Dale; Parmer, Hugh; Newberry, Robert C.; Scott, George; Jackson, Alvin; Messiah, Sonceria; Public schools; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11848; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm5904dp84s; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do95569540x