- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
The first segment is an interview with the Comptroller of Public Accounts John Sharp on the state budget and the revenue shortfall. The second segment is an interview with Dr. Arthur Jansa, President of the Harris County Medical Society about violence in Houston and the organization fighting trauma in Houston, Stop the Bleeding. In the third segment, David Hinkle interviews William Donaldson, CEO of the New York Stock Exchange to discuss changes taking place at the stock exchange, such as extended hours. The fourth segment is an interview with Jack Berger, Executive Director of the Greater Houston Sports Foundation, about Houston's bid to host the Goodwill Games in 1998. Former Police Chief Harry Caldwell provides commentary on Independence Day and what it means to be American.
- Ryan, Pat; Booth, Ward; Gras, Patricia; Hinkle, David
- television programs
- Sharp, John; Jansa, Arthur; Donaldson, William Henry; Berger, Jack; Caldwell, Harry; Fourth of July; Goodwill Games; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11914; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm7201bm88r; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do1945cc574