- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
First segment is interview with Rev. Ozell Brandley about the release of his brother, Clarence Brandley, on bond from death row. Second segment is interview with George Strake, Co-Chairman of the Houston Economic Summit Host Committee about the announcement that Rice University will be the site of the next G7 Economic Summit. Third segment is interview with Dr. Theresa Hearn-Haynes, a candidate for governor, Tom Kennedy, of the Houston Post, and Robert Stein, Professor of Political Science at Rice University, about Hearn-Haynes' gubernatorial campaign. Fourth segment is interview with Royce Owens, a candidate for governor, and Tom Kennedy, of the Houston Post, and Robert Stein, professor of Political Science at Rice University, about Owen's gubernatorial campaign. In the fifth segment, J. D. Houston talks sports with sports analyst, Alvin "Boom Boom" Jackson. Episode includes commentary from Kevin Dorsey about salaries in sports.
- Ryan, Pat; Weiss, Jeffrey; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Brandley, Ozell; Brandley, Clarence; Strake, George; Hearn-Haynes, Theresa; Kennedy, Tom; Stein, Robert; Owens, Royce; Jackson, Alvin; Dorsey, Kevin; Death row; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11844; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm1672b892k; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do7337vp211