- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
In the first segment, City Councilmember Ben Reyes and Dr. Bob Kendrick of the University of Houston-Downtown discuss the new proposal to let the Houston Police Department (HPD) substitute military experience for college hours. The second segment is a discussion about a state property tax with John Privett, President of the Tax Research Association and State Senator Gene Green. The third segment is a discussion on private schools in Houston with Susan Pennebaker, author of A Guide to Houston's Private Schools, Brian Zinnamon, President of Strake Jesuit College Preparatory, and Paula Toner, Headmistress at Duchesne Academy. The fourth segment discusses Agent Orange and its effects with Dr. Donnie Evans, a V. A. Staff Physician, Sibley Cooley, National President of the Brotherhood of Vietnam Veterans, and Charles Pace, Chairman of the Vietnam Veterans Agent Orange Committee. Kevin Dorsey provides commentary on Mayor Whitmire's State of the City speech.
- Ryan, Pat; Booth, Ward; Houston, J. D.; Rushlo, Sheila
- television programs
- Reyes, Ben; Kendrick, Robert E.; Privett, John; Green, Gene; Pennebaker, Susan; Zinnamon, Brian; Toner, Paula; Evans, Donnie; Cooley, Sibley; Pace, Charles; Dorsey, Kevin; Agent Orange; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11895; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm1262s497m; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do3651vf576