- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
Patricia Gras discusses issues facing Houston's Latino communities with regard to cultural assimilation and cultural retention with Dr. Angela Valenzuela, a sociologist at Rice University, and Leonel Castillo, Coordinator of the Houston Citizenship Project. Includes report on controversy surrounding "El Vaquero" statue in Moody Park. Second segment focuses on Houston's wetlands and efforts to save one wetland in West Harris County. Gras interviews Bill Stransky of the Sierra Club, Ron Jones, a biologist at the U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and Richard Long of the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers and Park Manager of the Addicks and Barker Reservoir. Includes report on Addicks and Barker Reservoir and wetland restoration project.
- Davis, Sue; Knight, Rusty; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Valenzuela, Angela; Castillo, Leonel; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11984; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm4982x468m; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do4129p368f