- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
The episode opens with "This Week Gone By," featuring Ken Hoffman of the Houston Chronicle commenting on police brutality incident involving Zsa Zsa Gabor, and Ed McMahon's pending divorce. In the first segment, J. D. Houston discusses Bob Lanier's resignation from Metropolitan Transit Authority, and understaffing in Houston's crime lab. The second segment is a public safety discussion with City Councilwoman, Eleanor Tinsley, and Sgt. J. C. Mosier and Lt. Mike Thaler of Houston Police Department, about police officers with complaints against them. The third segment is a discussion of new tax stamps on illegal drugs, with Larry Todd, executive assistant of the state comptroller's office, and Houston criminal lawyer, Alex Bunin. The fourth segment features a political panel of Tom Kennedy of the Houston Post, Jane Ely of the Houston Chronicle, and Gwenevere Daye, editor and publisher of National Minority Politics, speculating who might succeed Mickey Leland in District 18. The fifth segment is a discussion on racism and making English the official language of Texas, with Lou Zaeske, chairman of the American Ethnic Coalition and Eugene Mendoza of the Council of Hispanic Organizations.
- Walko, Ann-Marie; Payne, Don; Houston, J. D.; Bowser, Betty Ann
- television programs
- Hoffman, Ken; Gabor, Zsa Zsa; McMahon, Ed; Lanier, Bob; Tinsley, Eleanor; Mosier, J. C.; Thaler, Mike; Todd, Larry; Bunin, Alex; Kennedy, Tom; Ely, Jane; Daye, Gwenevere; Leland, Mickey; Zaeske, Lou; Mendoza, Eugene; Police misconduct; Drug traffic; Racism; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11823; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm4402q632n; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do87375w48j