- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
The first segment is a discussion with State Rep. Paul Colbert and Houston Independent School District (HISD)'s Deputy Superintendent for Finance, Leonard Sturm, about the new tax plan and education funding. The second segment is an interview with Salah Dean Aqrawi of the Kurdish American Association and Prof. Jean Luc Krawcyzk of the University of Houston about who the Kurds are and their fight against Saddam Hussein. The third segment discusses the higher incidence of cancer in poor and minority communities, with Prof. Lovell Jones of the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Dr. Manuel Modiano of the University of Arizona Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Dr. Jerome Wilson of Warner-Lambert Pharmaceutical. In the fourth segment, Tal Smith, former general manager of the Houston Astros talks with J. D. Houston about the sports business in Houston, and what it means for the city that the Astros and the Rockets are for sale. Kevin Dorsey provides commentary on public school funding in Texas.
- Ryan, Pat; Booth, Ward; Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Colbert, Paul; Sturm, Leonard; Aqrawi, Salah Dean; Krawcyzk, Jean Luc; Jones, Lovell A.; Modiano, Manuel; Wilson, Jerome; Smith, Tal; Dorsey, Kevin; Cancer; Public schools; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11904; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm79182m58g; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do7303qx131