- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
In the first segment, J. D. Houston and Patricia Gras discuss the upcoming presidential election in light of results from recent local elections with Dr. William Simon, Professor of Sociology at the University of Houston, and Jim Barlow, business columnist for the Houston Chronicle. Second segment looks at the lack of healthcare options for pregnant women in Southwest Houston, and the opening of a new clinic there. Gras interviews Sue Denosowicz, Executive Director of The Southwest Clinic. Includes report on The Southwest Health Clinic, a new clinic which is also the only city clinic that is privately funded. Third segment focuses on small theater in Houston. Houston interviews Lindi Yeni, Artistic Director of Kuumba House, Richard Reyes, Director of Talento Bilingue de Houston, and Peter Bennett, Artistic Director of Stages Repertory Theatre. Fourth segment focuses on consequences the Clean Air Act will have on Houston. Gras and Houston interview Dr. Richard E. Flannery, Program Director at the Texas Air Control Board. Episode includes commentary from Kevin Dorsey about troubled kids.
- Davis, Sue; Hewey, Todd; Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Simon, William; Barlow, Jim; Denosowicz, Sue; Yeni, Lindi; Reyes, Richard; Bennett, Peter; Flannery, Richard E.; Dorsey, Kevin; Racism; Prenatal care; Clean Air Act (United States); Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11928; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm03074t73k; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do2866vx73p