- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
In the first segment, J. D. Houston and Patricia Gras discuss relations between Black and Hispanic communities after the recent election of Bob Lanier as mayor with Leonel Castillo, former City Controller, and Morris Graves, Associate Director of the African American Studies Program at the University of Houston. Second segment looks at international relations between Japan and the United States 50 years after Pearl Harbor. Houston and Gras interview Dr. Francis Lowenheim, Professor of History at Rice University, and Jim Willis, Vice President for International Development at the USA Rice Council. Third segment addresses the not guilty verdict in the William Kennedy Smith rape trial, and whether this will influence women in their decision to report rape. Houston interviews Mitzi Vorachek, Education Director for the Houston Area Women's Center, and Harvey Hudson, Assistant District Attorney. Fourth segment looks at the Bill of Rights, which is celebrating its 200th birthday, in light of the ways in which it affects teenagers. Gras interviews Elizabeth Dennis, Assistant Dean of the South Texas College of Law, Al Vera, a Government teacher at Jefferson Davis High School, Lucy Mendoza, high school student at Jefferson Davis High School, and Suzie Boulos, student at Duchesne Academy. Episode includes commentary from Ned Price, Jr. about a private company taking over the management of Memorial Park.
- Davis, Sue; Hewey, Todd; Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Lanier, Bob; Castillo, Leonel; Graves, Morris; Lowenheim, Francis; Willis, Jim; Vorachek, Mitzi; Hudson, Harvey; Dennis, Elizabeth; Vera, Al; Mendoza, Lucy; Boulos, Suzie; Price, Ned, Jr.; Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on; Rape; Bill of Rights (United States); Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11932; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm58021d60c; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do03074t732