- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
In the first segment, J. D. Houston interviews Steve Radack, Harris County Commissioner, Precinct 3, on the health care crisis in Houston. Republican Congressman Jack Fields of Humble talks with Patricia Gras about President Bush's response to the Soviet proposal, in the second segment. In the third segment, J. D. Houston talks about oil spill laws with State Representative Robert Earley of Portland, TX, the chairman of the Texas House Energy Committee, and Mayor John Grimes of Morgan's Point. The fourth segment is an interview with Bill Harris, the manager of the 1992 Republican National Convention and Donald Ward, the director of sales for the Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau about Houston hosting the 1992 Republican National Convention. John Davenport provides commentary on the free press controversy involving the Houston Press and the Houston Chronicle.
- Ryan, Pat; Booth, Ward; Houston, J. D.; Gras, Patricia
- television programs
- Radack, Steve; Fields, Jack; Earley, Robert; Grimes, John; Harris, Bill; Ward, Donald; Davenport, John; Free press and fair trial; Republican National Convention; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11898; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm6825x8013; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do82257g28t